Cheese & Herby Seaweed Butter Cookies
160g grated strong cheddar cheese 110g butter, softened
1 teaspoon The Seaweed Food Co. Seaweed Salt or Chilli Seaweed Salt
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional - Chilli Salt can be used instead)
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp The Seaweed Food Co. Herby Seaweed Seasoning200g plain flour
- Beat the cheese and butter together until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the Seaweed Salt, cayenne, black pepper and Herby Seaweed Seasoning.
- Add the flour 50g at a time, stirring after each addition until the ingredients are well combined and a dough forms.
- Shape the dough into two logs, about 2.5cm round. Wrap in greaseproof paper or cling film. Twist the ends and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cut the log into half a cm thick slices and place on the prepared sheet.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- The crackers will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Share this post
- Tags: Recipe